Are you fatigued, depressed or constantly sick? Negative ions may be of benefit.
An atom or a molecule (a group of atoms) with more positive electrons than negative carries a positive charge. When there is an extra negative electron it has a negative charge. We call these positive and negative ions. In nature, air molecules break apart due to sunlight, radiation and moving air and water. The molecules either gain or lose an electrical charge, thus creating both negative and positive ions.
Negatively charged ions have a positive effect. They elevate our mood by increasing serotonin levels, they help stabilize blood pressure, increase the body’s alkalinity, strengthen bones, heighten immunity, accelerate physical recovery, they purify and clean the air, and more. Negatively charged ions are abundant in nature with the highest concentrations forming near moving water and old growth forests. Have you ever noticed how you feel when you sit near a waterfall or walk along the beach? What about when you stand in a forest or stroll through a lush garden? You breathe in that fresh, clean air and you feel energized yet calm, alive, vibrant, refreshed.
Effects of negative ion on us:
* Normalizes breathing rate, decrease blood pressure and relieve tension
* Absorbed directly into the bloodstream therefore may help to combat harmful free radicals within your body
* Decreased blood pressure (not a substitute for current medical therapy)
* Increased feelings of well-being, improved energy levels and focus
* Increased vital capacity
* Better sleep due to their positive effects in normalizing serotonin production in the brain
* Elevated mental concentration and performance
* Increased resistance to infection by minimizing exposure to germs
* Suggested adjunctive therapy for chronic rhinitis, sinusitis, migraines, insomnia, wound and burn healing, asthma, hay fever, emphysema, bronchitis, and more
Positively charged ions concentrate indoors. Electromagnetic fields (EMF), fluorescent lights, carpet, metal, plastics, and air pollution all increase the number of positive ions in an environment. Positively charged ions do not have a positive effect on our physical and mental health. In recent years a number of doctors reports that high levels of positive ions in the environment - due to EMF generated from computers, cell phones and other electronic devices - can both impair brain function and suppress the immune system, leading to a host of ailments. Symptoms include headache, lack of energy, fatigue, anxiety, irritability, nausea, stomachache, breathing difficulty, vertigo (dizziness), poor concentration and mental performance and sleep disturbance.
Effects of positive ion on us:
* Fatigue and irritability
* Poor memory
* Difficulty concentrating
* Increased risk of colds, bronchitis, and other lung or sinus infections
* Chronic cough
* Allergy symptoms
* Delays in wound healing
We are constantly exposed to positive ions on a daily basis, can you imagine how damaging it is to your body? Our studio is equipped
with negative ion generator fully imported from the US to complement your yoga practice. After a hard day's work or kickstarting your morning,
you deserve healthy, clean and comfortable environment for your yoga practice.
Also, by using award-winning materials for our wood furniture and flooring, our studio's air quality is further enhanced with the usage of non-toxic materials. Come practice yoga with us with a peace of mind. Your health and body deserves the best.